Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It is logolicious.

I chose my boyfriend's high school as the foundation for my logo project. Cicero-North Syracuse is located in Syracuse, New York and is "Home Of The Northstars." Their school colors are blue and green, even more specifically, cobalt blue and a slight variation of turquoise. The logos found on their website seemed quite outdated and unconventional, which is why I chose this school over any of my own previous schools.

Their existing logos:



My sketched ideas:

Developed ideas created in Illustrator:




5 comments:

  1. I really like the one on the upper right. The color palettes are all similar, but really works in this one. I like the contrast between the delicate and bold marks. However, I know that type may be a problem in printing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your final design- it very much reminds me of highschool or the cover of a yearbook. I also really like the Star with the rings around it (in the bottom right corner) as well. I think it would be cool to see what you could do with this one. Something about the softness of the rings mingled with the harsh points of the star works very well- provoking my interest. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I enjoy the final you chose, I reallllly like the more square sign with the stars hanging down. I think that is perfect for a sign myself. As far as a football helmet, I love the one with the rings around the star. It's very professional and clean-NFL worthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your final choice, but for some reason my eyes are drawn to the first one of your final four.. the single star shooting. I like the 3-D effect and I feel that you could play that up; maybe add a couple more and work in your school initials. I think it could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the final logo you chose for the playful feeling. it is very contemporary way to represent the school you chose. i like your sketches because they are different. you used letters and images to represent the school which was really cool. good job!

    ReplyDelete