Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It is in the works.


So, in all honesty I have felt a little behind schedule in the making of my website. I say this only because I have been spending nearly an hour a day fooling around with layout, template, design, and colors only to walk away from the computer with nothing solid or complete. However, it (it being the skeleton of this project) finally dawned on me this morning...and it's been progressing ever since! Breakthrough! Most importantly, I have been trying to find a way to incorporate a particular set of frame brushes (since I am creating a photography portfolio), a wallpaper pattern and my images. After doing a few tutorials and reading up on 'how to create a website in Photoshop' I was also able to better understand a few small details that didn't make sense. Each page is being created at 1000x800 at 72 dpi to stay within range of the average size of viewing.

http://www.entheosweb.com/photoshop/layout.asp
http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/2967/9/Making-your-own-portfolio-web-page
http://www.freephotoshoptemplates.com/templatesbox/templates/tb017.htm

Here are a few of my alternate attempts:



However, nothing seemed to make sense. As I was going through some of the photographs I plan on using in my portfolio section, I realized that the few I had against black backgrounds may work well AS the layout of my site. Going with this theme, I've decided to create my content on a black background - which additionally is a very successful way of presenting photographs, on black - using the frames as buttons and the wallpaper pattern as filler!


By creating multiple layers I have been able to include my own photograph (for example, at the bottom) and create buttons out of a brush by embossing the layer then adding a fill. While I still am not 100% sure about exact layout of each page, I feel relieved to have a direction and theme to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Your design sense is definitely guiding you in the right direction. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete