Sunday, January 25, 2009

It is a business card.


While I was perusing a list of noteworthy business card designs, this one stood out to me for a handful of reasons. Although initially simply attracted to the use of a fairly non-traditional color, I realized that while I may or may not be acting bias towards the color green it works quite well for the overall impression of this company's business. I would assume by their use of font, color and pattern that this company boasts modern interior decorating with a touch of ornamental or ethnic inspired design. I think for a business card to be successful it has to speak to the audience in many ways exceeding the text that merely states their information. This card achieves this through their use of design and continuity in theme despite the patterns all being different, they work together cohesively. The front of the card is very simple and graphically represents the business while the back provides the information needed in a very aesthetically pleasing manner. The back of the card makes excellent use of blank space on the right side by again insisting another pattern that ties in the black of the chair on the front side and the overall theme together. If I was looking to decorate my home I would certainly consider this company based only on the fact that their design is so effective here, that it must translate well into their work.

Check out this link for more business cards.

1 comment:

  1. Good observations. How are alignment and proximity used to help strengthen the text of this design? Why do you think centering the chair on the back of the design is so successful in creating an interesting image? Usually centering elements in a composition is boring and tame but I think it works well for this card.

    ReplyDelete